Applications are now invited for a full scholarship in 2013 on the 12-month Write a Novel Course at SA Writers’ College.
- be South African residents,
- be able to motivate why they cannot afford to pay for the tuition themselves, and
- demonstrate both skill and dedication as a writer.
- Send a letter of motivation to Nichola Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a reason why you want to write a novel, as well as why you presently cannot afford to finance the course.
- Include a scanned copy or photo of your SA passport or ID.
- Include two pieces of creative writing. Minimum total word count: 2000 words.
- Read more on our website.
Applications close: 30 November 2012.
The successful candidate will be notified via email before 10 December 2012. Only the winner of the bursary will be contacted. The successful candidate must commence their studies within the first six months of 2013, and be willing to be interviewed for The Writers’ College Times.
This bursary is sponsored by Hazel Carlstein in memory of her late mother.